Sunday, January 25, 2015

Decision - Pick Your Strategy

This is my third blog in a series on how to help a loved-one ensnared in a damaging life choice. In my last blog I introduced a "decision tree", a diagram designed to help make difficult or complex decisions. As before, start on the green oval and ask yourself these questions.

One of the great joys I get from marriage is having a trusted confidante at my side. If for whatever reason you have lost the opportunity to have open and honest conversations about difficult subjects, then first work on getting that trust back. All the progress I have made with my husband stems from this trust. Over time the elders have proven not to have Art's best interests at heart and based on the trust we've developed, I convinced him that we could work out our problems without the elder's influence. I have my marriage back. 



All topics:

Help, I am in love with a....
Decision - Leave or Stay
Decision - Pick Your Strategy
Domestic Detente
Waking Up Strategies
Relationship Building
Community
Positive Influence
Coercion
Negotiating With Hostiles